Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Twilight Series



I just finished Eclipse, the latest book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I stumbled upon Twilight, the first book in the series, at The Flying Pig Bookstore while vacationing in Shelburne, Vermont last October. This is a very cool children’s bookstore that I felt lucky to find on my trip. But, I digress. Anyway, I treated myself to a stack of books and Twilight was among them. It’s a young adult novel about high school kids falling in love. But it’s not so simple when one of the kids is a mortal girl and the other is a vampire posing as a high school boy.

Well, I loved it, and I’m not the only one apparently. Twilight made the American Library Association’s Top Ten Best Books for Young Adults list in 2006 and their Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers list as well. Other awards include:

  • A New York Times Editor’s Choice
  • A Publisher’s Weekly Best Book of the Year
  • An Amazon Best Book of the Decade…So Far

I loved the second book, New Moon, as well, and as I mentioned just finished the third, Eclipse (it was released this past summer 2007). Now I’m just bummed that I have to wait for the continuing story of Bella and Edward for another year or so. If you’re looking for a good October read for you, or that teen you know check out this series!

No comments: