Sunday, September 23, 2007

Readin' Owl


Today I returned from a 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday class session for my Collection Management course at San Jose State University. It was a good class, and I learned stuff, but hey, I had to get up at 6-something on a Saturday, even before my 3 year-old daughter deems it civilized to get up on the weekend. I had to skip breakfast, hit Kinko's (to make copies for a little presentation I had to give in class), and drive in the rain to San Jose. Well, okay, no one twisted my arm or anything, but it wasn't my first choice for activities at the end of a wickedly busy week. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my husband and daughter waiting out on the stoop for me as I pulled onto Cole Street. And surprise, surprise! They had a present for me! And even better, I really liked it. Dan and Sammy gave me a little stuffed owl reading a book. He even has a little kink in one knee so he can cross them properly while he looks wide-eyed and enthralled in his book. I plan to put him on my desk when I become a real school librarian. He's super cute and reminds me of the 70s, which makes him even cooler. My husband picked him up at Starbucks (okay, 90 percent of the impromptu gifts I get from him are from Starbucks, but I'm not complaining).

No comments: